Monday, July 26, 2004

Welcome to my blog

Welcome to my blog. This is my first post on here and I wanted to tell you a little about myself, my views, and my ideas. I hope you enjoy what I have to share to this blogger community and I thank you for your time in advance, I know it is valuable.
My name is Jayson Ovittore, I am a 31 year old Italian-American. I was raised 5 miles outside of NYC, in suburban NJ. For the people who know me, they would tell you that I am very outspoken and set in my ways. Oddly enough, I'm also very open-minded to a lot of things. I have dreams and ambitions, but we'll get to those later. I am a very creative person, always have been. My folks have a recording of me with a toy guitar, singing an original that I will keep to myself, at age two. I picked up violin at age five for a year, then put it down when I found my true love at age six, the drums. At age 31, some 25 years after I started playing, I still desire to play music and share my creativity with the masses. I am married, raising a 5 year old and couldn't be happier. (Well... some political reform wouldn't hurt.)
Now that you know who I am, let me tell you about what I believe in, and the ideas that I have. I am officially registered as an independent. I lean heavily towards the Democrats, that is if I had to choose from either of the parties that have a chance. I am pro Bill of Rights and the Constitution. I believe in the values that our forefathers set forth for us. I strongly believe that church and state should remain separate. I believe that lobbying from corporate America should be abolished. I support the rights of women and the rights of minority groups. I believe in one people, one America. I think we should have socialized healthcare and social security. I am pro-choice and I support stem-cell research. I think we should have foreign policy, but without this Napoleon Complex we currently have. (We don't need to be the worlds police force.) I believe that we should keep jobs in America. We should stop giving jobs to millions of illegal aliens, we allow them to steal our jobs and send money back to their countries. I think the companies that outsource jobs to other countries should pay a luxury tax to spark the American economy, instead of sucking it dry. They should abolish the IRS as we know it and have a flat tax of 10% across the board. I think that we should use our own oil reserve in Alaska, instead of being dependent on the rest of the worlds oil supply. These are only some of my views and opinions. I am sure as news develops and events happen, I will touch on all these and other issues.
Some ideas you might find radical. Some ideas you might enjoy or even adopt. Just remember, every vote counts. Al Gore is living proof of that. Every voice should be heard and every idea at least processed. I love this country. I love that I have the freedom to write these things. Actually, we'll see about that. The Patriot Act might give Bush and his blood for oil dictatorship the right to send my ass to Guantanamo Bay, ignoring the rights I love and cherish. I can only ask a few things of my fellow Americans and that is to voice your opinions, fight for what you believe in, and be good people.
For now, I will be glued to the Democratic National Convention and hope that the rest of the country realizes exactly how important this election is. I can only pray that Kerry/Edwards is the ticket that wins. If it is not, we are in for some seriously rough times, in what will become the America that was.
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.