Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Tonya Clinkscale Is Announcing

I received an announcement flyer from Tonya Clinkscale this past week. Tonya is holding an announcement on Thursday at noon at Warnersville Rec Center, 601 Doak St. Tonya will run for the embattled seat of Diane Bellamy Small, District 1 City Council.

I have sat with Tonya a few times in the past months and she is a viable candidate. She has a plan and a vision for the folks in her community. Right on her flyer she has the following bullet points:

  • Invest in Our Young People and Seniors

  • Build Strong Alliances

  • Preserve Our Communities’ Character

  • Revitalize Blighted Areas


She is a firm believer in helping the little man and in turn that helps everyone. I believe she is right. She has a quote on her flyer as well. It reads, "We cannot begin to discuss economic development and safe neighborhoods without first addressing the very critical needs of our children, young professionals, seniors and the down trodden individuals in our community."

This race will be interesting for District 1. Tonya, Diane and Luther Falls will duke it out for this very important seat.

I have not spoke out for or against Diane Bellamy Small publicly. I wasn't there and don't know all the facts. I have heard from another city councilperson, that Diane is doing her job well, this councilperson used to hear from District 1 constituents about their problems, they say they no longer do. I won't judge Diane, I don't live in District 1.

I will say that I am against the recall election that will cost taxpayers $35,000+ to hold a special election weeks before her term is up. If you really want her out that bad, support her opponents, don't rape the taxpayers.

Go see Tonya announce. She is a bright individual, who is willing to work for the average citizen.
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.