Monday, March 21, 2005

Terri Schiavo

I am all for trying to save peoples lives. Let me just get that out there, so you all don't think I am heartless. I do believe the US Congress has overstept it's bounds. Changing a jurisdiction for one persons case is again a flagrant case of ignoring the constitution. Under the same circumstances, if I was in Terri Schiavo's situation, I would want to die. I would expect that if I told my wife that I didn't want to live, and I was in the same medical condition, that she would pull my feeding tube or pull my life support. I would not care what my parents thought. What I see as the bottom line is, Terri Schiavo does not have a good quality of life. She is not going to get better. I would think that Terri being out of pain, her family not suffering through this, and her husband not having to live through this any more, would be the way to go. The US Congress voted tonight to thumb their nose at the Constitution and butt into private family affairs. Again I ask, when does this stop? Where does it stop? I am afraid that until the GOP is out of power, we will continue to lose our freedoms, liberties, and ways of life. Can you smell what the GOP is cooking? Yeah, the constitution!

UPDATE:(1:24 am)You must check out Hunter's take on this at Daily Kos. I warn you it is laden with tons of swearing, but it is exactly how I feel about this. Here is the link.
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.