Wednesday, August 17, 2005

I'm Back, But There Are Some New Rules

As you can tell, it's been a while since my last post. There are a couple of reasons for that, I have been busy with my business, I have had a massive writers block, I have been working on Converge South's music events, and I have been battling wasps in my bedroom(which I am deadly allergic to and my landlord doesn't want to do anything about). A lot has happened in the world and locally, and I have been reading it all from my fellow bloggers. So, I haven't been in the loop, but I haven't been completely out of it either.

Now to the new rules. As you can see from the post below, Scotty Gets Beamed Up, the comments got heated. Yes, I fed the trolls, but I felt I had to. Anyway, since this is my site, these are my rules:

1. Anonymous posts without a valid e-mail address will be deleted. I don't care if they are pro or against what I am writing about. I will send a thank you to all commenters I don't know and if it is returned, the post will be deleted. There are great anonymous posters, many of whom I read their sites, but they do not hide behind a lack of name, they are easily accessible and I have no problem with them. I understand some people have to remain anonymous for certain reasons, but those who come to drop bombs and leave are not welcome. Friendly bombs or not.

2. Anyone commenting in a libelous or slanderous way, or are taking viscous uncalled for attacks on anyone will be deleted. This includes the use of racial and social slurs, they are intolerable and will be deleted. If in the course of the topic I deem this acceptable behavior, then there will be an exception. Any threats of violence will be turned over to the FBI for prosecution.

3. I encourage commenting on the topic written about. Good conversation is what this is all about. I encourage commenting in general. I love having discussions with all of you. I don't enjoy writeby's, especially from the no e-mail, no website, no name variety. The more comments the better.

With that said, I hope I am out of my writers block and back on the information super highway. Next stop, blogisphere.
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.