Saturday, October 22, 2005

Update on Dimebag Darrell

The AP has a piece here on the gruesome murder of Damageplan/Pantera guitar player "Dimebag" Darrell. The only regret that I have about this whole situation is that his murderer didn't have to face a jury of his peers. Although the bullets that killed Nathan Gale, from officer Niggemeyer maybe have been the judge, jury and conviction. We still miss you Dimebag. I will never forget the wonderful music you brought to my life and the inspiration you brought to me to play music with an undying heart and undying drive to succeed.

For those that don't know what it is like to be in a band, I equate it to being in a marriage with multiple people. Dimebag's brother Vinnie Paul played drums for both Damageplan and Pantera. I can't even imagine what Vinnie is going through. I know for my experiences that when you play with a bunch of cats for a while, it is a brotherhood. I know I would take a bullet for any of those guys. I just can't imagine what it would be like for one of them to take a bullet for me, let alone a brother. RIP Dimebag. You were truly a shining light on the music world and the world in general.

I originally did a piece on Dimebag here in December of '04.
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.