Friday, February 18, 2005

Ray

I finally got a chance to do something other then work last night. I rented Ray, starring Jamie Foxx, and sat down with my wife and David Brown from arepigsfascist, prepared for two and a half hours of Ray Charles. To be honest, when all the critics are saying such wonderful things about a movie, they rarely are that good. Ray was an exception. I am not going to be a spoiler for anyone who hasn't seen it yet. This movie was the best movie I have seen since the likes of Saving Private Ryan and Schindlers List. There are a rare number of 5 star movies out there. This is a 5 star movie. If Jamie Foxx does not win best actor, what's the point of the award. There couldn't be a better performance in the last 5 years, let alone this year. I strongly recommend that everyone check this movie out. If you like music and/or stories about struggle and adversity, this is the movie for you. Watch Ray, you will not be disappointed.
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.