Sunday, February 20, 2005

To Protect and Pollute

For those of you who don't know already, the Greensboro Police Department is using unmarked SUV's to pull speeders on I-40 and I-85. This morning, I got to see one with my own eyes. An unmarked tan Excursion had pulled a motorist on I-40. I have two problems with the unmarked SUV's. First, they are unmarked. I do not agree with any unmarked vehicles, except maybe SWAT and detectives vehicles. Having unmarked cars screams, "Our budget isn't big enough and we are going to bust your balls to raise the extra money". Second, they are SUV's. Everyone who reads me regularly knows I can't stand these high-polluting, unsafe, gas-guzzlers. I have no problem with the laws that are in place to control drivers speed and unsafe driving, I do have a problem with the Greensboro Police Department being sneaky to enforce them. With the above said, I vote that the Greensboro Police Department change their motto from "To Protect and Serve" to "To Protect and Pollute".
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.