Friday, May 26, 2006

Vernon Robinson, The FEC and Me

I recently asked at the end of this post if a little FEC investigation was in order for Vernon Robinson and his campaign finance reports. I decided to take the matter up myself. The following document is my letter of complaint to the FEC. In it, I ask them to look into the numbers of 10 contributors who all gave over the legal amount and were all marked for primary funds on their FEC filings.


I received the following response from the FEC the other day:


The FEC also has two request for additional information documents at their site here, both dated 5/18/06. I am pretty sure it is in response to my letter, but I am not certain. The tone of the letter is one that asks for cooperation, but states on page 3, "The acceptance of excessive contributions is a serious problem. Again, the committee's procedures for processing contributions should be examined and corrected in order to avoid this problem. Although the Commission may take further legal action, prompt action by you to refund, redesignate, and/or reattribute the excessive amount will be taken into consideration."

So, Vernon needs to refund a whole lot of money he collected illegally, and he may still be fined on top of that. If they are looking at Robinson's past history with FEC regulations, it probably doesn't bode well for him. Past history here (look at#7).

My whole point of this and my other attacks on Robinson for Congress is, why would you vote for someone who wants to go to Washington and make laws, yet in the campaign stage can not follow the existing laws themselves? I guess you would vote for him if you wanted more Tom Delay and all the other corruption and scandal in DC.
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.