Sunday, November 06, 2005

I Didn't Know I Could Still Be An....ARRR

This article gives the details on the pirate attack off the coast of Somalia. Yes, I said pirate. I have always had a place in my heart for the pirates of lore. Blackbeard and Captain Hook and all the peg legs asea in the stories I heard growing up as a kid. I just never realized that this was still an option.

Where as I first thought that, wow, the world is regressing; maybe it is not. Maybe, Africa is progressing. Maybe, they are now where we were in the times of the Caribbean pirates and the Spanish, English and Dutch raiders that took to the high seas only a few hundred years ago.

Things have changed for the pirate though. Instead of swashbuckling swords and rapiers, they now have rocket propelled grenade launchers and semi-automatic machine guns. I wonder with all this bird flu if they still have a parrot on their shoulders? Buried treasure could likely become oil instead of gold, and kings daughters are now the likes of Jenna and Barbara Bush. We best send the Navy. That way we can fight them other there so we don't have to fight them here. I say ARRR maties.

Now for those interested in becoming a Pirate, check out this site. There is always Talk Like a Pirate Day on Sept 19th, for those that want to be part-timers. If those crap pick-up lines aren't working with the beautiful lasses at the bar, fancy some of the pirate pick-up lines available. My favorites:
Yes, that is a hornpipe in my pocket and I am happy to see you.

How'd you like to scrape the barnacles off of me rudder? And...

Prepare to be boarded.

Pirates. Who would have thunk it still be around today.


Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.